Sunday, October 31, 2010

Geocaching!

Well this has been a crazy past week.  On Monday we were out of school because of a "crazy" storm that passed through Johnson City.  It was actually kind of nice to be out because I got so much homework done. On Wednesday I was unable to make it to class because of a "family" situation.  I really hate that I missed Social Studies class.  Social Studies class is ALWAYS fun and last Wednesday was no different.  After talking to other classmates and Dr. Meier I learned that my class went on a geocacaching savanger hunt.  Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices.  By using geocaching, you can teach latitude and longitude in the classroom.  Latitude and longitude can be difficult to teach elementary school students but with geocaching, you can make it easier.  Hopefully one day I can be involved in geocaching because it seems like a lot of fun.  Here is the website for geocaching, http://www.geocaching.com/.  Make sure you take a look!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment