Saturday, October 16, 2010

Box City!

Diverse City!!!


This week in Social Studies class, I learned how to make a box city, which I absolutely loved!  Box city is such an awesome idea and activity for any age, even college students.  First, we had to design a place to build the city, which was a tarp that Dr. Meier made, then we named the city Diverse City, and the roads.  One of the road names was named World Avenue while the other roads were named after the continents of the world.  After we designed the city, we started building the buildings out of boxes.  Some of the buildings that we built were a courthouse, Walmart, a school, a bank, and a recycling center.  After we got done building our city and determining where each one of the buildings went, we reflected on the city and how we could incorporate this in different grade levels.  I thought our city was awesome!!!  One day when I have a classroom of my own, I plan on doing a box city with my students!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment